The East High Alumni Association was founded in 2009 to contribute to student success. The intent of the association is to provide a venue for alumni to reconnect and support the excellence of East High School. The faces of East are ever changing, and it is important that the dedicated staff are equipped to give today's students the quality education that is synonymous with the leopard tradition.
The Alumni Association was founded on February 2, 2009 when it was incorporated and registered with the State Of Utah. T. Richard (Rick) Davis (class of 1971) was instrumental in the foundation of association and is still to this day the President of the Association. Frank Langheinrich (class of 1968) and Dr. Paul Sagers, Principal are also Trustees.
The purpose of the Alumni Committee is to:
- Connect a wonderful group of people
- Organize alumni to perpetuate and preserve the traditions of East High
- To provide a link to East High for alumni
- To support the current East High community through sports boosters, the arts, family assistance, and scholarships.
- To increase the experience of all students
- To recognize that East High is a good place to be and to have alumni comfortable in the (new) building.
There are as many ways to support East High as there are Alumni. Just a few ways to get involved are:
- Establish or contribute to Student scholarships: Several classes have established scholarships to provide resources for students to fulfill their dream of attending college.
- Volunteer your time: We have many volunteer opportunities at East High, from aiding ELL students learn English to helping get our Alumni Association up and running.
- Support our academic and sports programs with your time or treasure.
- Provide internships to our students through our Academies or the Career and Technical Center.
If you are interested in becoming involved at East High School, please call Mary Lane Grisley at 801-583-1661 ext 2312 or email email@example.com.